This is a five part course all on one CD-ROM. Topics include:
E-Commerce Curriculum (1 CD)
E-Commerce Training CD - Implementation Issues
Course Overview: E-commerce Implementation Issues
This course provides the learner with information and case studies highlighting the issues associated with E-commerce Implementation.
Audience: This course is intended for Managers and technical staff who are in a position to provide e-commerce recommendations to executives.
Total Learning Time: 7 Hour(s)
Unit 1: Scale of Implementation
Duration: 3 Hour(s)
- Identify the components of a basic e-commerce Web site.
- Identify Web site development considerations.
- Match product types to Web site functionality levels.
- Identify the features and functions of shopping carts.
- Identify the functions of online storefront systems.
- Identify typical storefront features of a medium-scale e-commerce implementation.
- Identify typical store management considerations for a medium-scale e-commerce implementation.
- Identify advanced storefront features of a large-scale e-commerce implementation.
- Identify typical storefront management considerations for a large-scale e-commerce implementation.
- Identify the role of user access control and authentication software in selling products online.
- Identify Web site personalization principles that allow customers to personalize their online shopping experience.
- Identify online product customization considerations.
- Identify the methods used to sell the same products to different audiences.
- Identify considerations for the management of an e-commerce Web site database.
- Identify factors to consider when integrating legacy systems with e-commerce solutions.
Unit 2: Further Implementation Issues
Duration: 3 Hour(s)
- Outline further issues in relation to implementing e-commerce.
- Identify key payment technologies and their processing mechanisms.
- Identify the role of digital receipts in selling digital products.
- Identify the key functions of the Web development sales and marketing team.
- Identify the functions of the Web development technical team.
- Identify the key functions of the Web development content team.
- Identify key considerations when selecting hosting options for e-commerce Web sites.
- Identify the guidelines for choosing a hosting partner.
- Understand further issues in relation to implementing e-commerce.
Unit 3: Case Studies
Duration: 1 Hour(s)
- Give Specific cases of e-commerce implementation and highlight the issues in relation to the relevant size of implementation.
- Identify the sales requirements and solutions for Fred's Flowers.
- Identify the IT requirements and solutions for Bob's Flowers.
- Identify the marketing requirements and solutions for Fred's Flowers.
- Identify the cost and timescale requirements for Bob's Flowers, a small local florist that is to implement a small-scale implementation.
- Identify the key factors that influenced the navigation and storefront design of Toyo Toys' Web site.
- Identify the main store management tools used by Toyo Toys.
- Identify the main considerations that influenced the hosting decision of Toyo Toys.
- Identify the major costs and time-scales associated with Toyo Toys' e-commerce implementation.
- Identify One-Stop IT Shop's personalization requirements and solutions.
- Identify the methods used by One-Stop IT shop to customize its products.
- Identify the major costs and time-scales associated with One-Stop IT Shop's e-commerce implementation.
For more information click on one of the links below.